Monday, November 17, 2008

Come on fellas, keep it zipped up.

Today my math homework was especially difficult, and so, being the cop out student I am, I went to my professor’s office hours to get some help in figuring it out. His office is right next to the men’s restroom on the third floor of the Talmage building, which leads me to today’s blog topic.

Why is it so difficult for men to zip up their pants BEFORE they leave the restroom?

Seriously, at least four guys walked out of the restroom door in the process of getting things taken care of down there. I would be minding my own business, discovering how it was possible for a fundamental set of solutions to be both linearly independent and linearly dependent over the same interval, and some kid would walk out the door right in my line of vision and zip up his pants. I was disgusted, especially when I saw Dr. Tolman do it, and he is like a 50 year old troll.

The thing I don’t understand is that young men really don’t have to take much time in the restroom, so I think they can afford the couple extra milliseconds to make sure their hands are not around their pelvic area when they walk out the door.

I understand the paranoia many men have about having a fly down and things of that nature, but I promise, it is just as easy to check before you walk out the door, than after.

Needless to say, I didn’t really ever get around to understanding my math homework.

2 comments:

dallin said...

after washing your hands you grab a paper towel and head for the door, you throw away the paper towel and go for the zipper, but by this time, your already using your foot to open the door to go out. we cant zip up before we dry our hands, nobody likes wet jeans. and men dont like to be in a bathroom with other men, its awkward, so we have to bust out of their quick. if you see a guy coming out of the bathroom with already zipped up pants, it doesnt mean hes on top of things, it means he didnt wash his hands.

Nayr Nilbmah said...

ha ha ha