Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It happens to everyone I guess...


So, blogs exist for people to complain right? I understand they have millions of other purposes, but my intent today is to complain, whine, gripe, and cry. Just kidding, not cry, I'm not that upset.

So I have this really good friend, we'll call him Jake, and I hope he doesn't read this, but if he does, whatever. So Jake and I became friends a little over a year ago and had all sorts of good times. We shared the same opinions about BYU and its cheesiness, how ridiculous dating is, how neither of us were ready to get married, HOW IT IS CRAZY HOW SHORT ENGAGEMENTS ARE AT BYU, things of this nature. He made these opinions VERY CLEAR, and was sometimes overbearing in his display of them-but we had fun nonetheless. We went on road trips, went snowboarding, worked on homework, ate sushi, you know, all these things that good friends do.

Near the end of January Jake got a girlfriend.

I am now currently sitting next to Jake ring shopping on the internet.

He's getting married the beginning of June.

Lame.

My point is, people say stuff, but then when they get all twitterpated, anything they've said or believed in the past goes out the window. And of course people always throw out the argument "if it's right, it's right," and that may very well be true. I'm just saying, maybe you shouldn't have been as stalwart in your opinions in the first place if you knew you could be so subject to a young lady's influence.

Jake also said he would NEVER EVER sell his white trash Tahoe--he's selling it to buy the ring.

I don't have any mean feelings towards Jake, I just hate when friends get married. Now I have to find a new best friend. Danny-if you are reading this-you may now understand why I'm sometimes grumpy towards you.

So Jake, best of luck with the wedding plans.
P.S. You are a liar.

Note: If I come across as upset or angry, I'm not, it's just a blog post.

7 comments:

The McKinleys said...

hahahaha. your blog posts always put a smile on my face. for a second, i saw that HUGE ring on your blog and thought, "oh my goodness, i can't believe she hasn't told me!!!" but then i realized just how crazy that thought was and continued to read your post. oh jenny. one day, it just may happen to you. you never know about those sweet talkin' texans...

Kellee Marie Cook said...

I LOVE this post and all my amens go to it. People are fools when they are in love but I suppose I best be careful about what i say. However, I'd like to think that I am the exception and won't have a short dating span or engagement and beat the byu system.

here's to holding out...

Tyler said...

J-Pate blogs again and the world rejoices!

I know this is short notice and not the best way to ask but, will you marry me?

confused guy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
confused guy said...

I'm not really sure to think about this........

medicus said...

Wow, when I first caught a glimpse of the ring, I got excited and told someone that you were engaged without reading the post...but later I read the post and realized you were not engaged. So, if you suddenly hear rumors that you're engaged, I apologize.... :)

Roxy said...

It's just something in the water at BYU. Both of my sister-in-laws went there and were engaged within a year, [if not a semester] One is getting married November 6th. She had that date before she even got the ring! She just officially got engaged on July 2nd. Lol.

You'll be getting married eventually right? So you can be couple friends in the future! One of the first guys that my husband became friends in the army is not getting a deployment-induced-divorce. He was in his first unit in Texas and moved to Colorado at the same time as us. Sad day.