Thursday, July 9, 2009

New Tunes

Today, at work, I investigated the music of Rilo Kiley. I'd listened to some before, but today I went through two albums. I fell in love. Made my afternoon SOOOO much better.


I am somewhat out of the music scene down here (who am I kidding-I’m never IN the music scene), so I have no idea if they are totally irrelevant now, or if everyone has heard of them, or listens to them constantly and I'm the last to jump on the wagon, but I don't care. They are a party in my ears.


On another note (no pun intended), it is really hot here. Like, really, really, really hot. Stifling. Suffocating. Molesting. The good thing is, I'm constantly freezing so when I walk outside I get a chance to thaw. Unfortunately in 60 seconds I am sufficiently thawed, and I start to sweat. Woot for Texas.


I'm sick of the Michael Jackson mania. For about a week I really enjoyed it. I watched music videos for days, shared dancing memories with co-workers, and hummed 'Thriller' and 'Beat It' constantly. Now his passing is just a cheap, easy, shallow topic for the networks. Nevertheless, R.I.P MJ. Your talent has led to many memorable and enjoyable moments. Jumping on my older sister's bed singing along to the Dangerous album, re-learning 'Thriller' for every Halloween dance, late nights freshman year watching music video anthologies, screaming in laughter at the face transformations in 'Black or White.' Thank you!

4 comments:

Ardently said...

two comments. well actually three.

1) i love love love rilo. we go way back. okay, maybe only two years. but it's felt like a lifetime.

2) you should tag along with a hug group of people going to havasu august 5 - 8. though michelle won't be going and a lot of people are family or friends of ours, mike has a group of friends coming and i'm trying to round up a similar crowd. think about it.

3) amen on the michael mania

Michelle said...

So apparently I'm not as cool as Paige (and she is really not that cool because she didn't share...) but I am totally unfamiliar with Rilo Kiley even after living with Miss "we go way back" for a whole year... So thank you for the new music suggestion. And I think it's perfect that you love it without knowing anything else about it except that it makes a party in your ears. Be careful in that Texas heat love.

dallin said...

I LOVE RILO KILEY!!!

Brittany Mangelson said...

Rilo Kiley is great! Jenny Lewis (lead singer) played a free concert in Salt Lake last week and Josh and I were both smitten.