Monday, August 10, 2009

I <3 Tweets!!

Not really, I've actually never used the service, nor do I understand how it works. However, the micro-blogging site has made life interesting in the following ways:

Everyday Conversation:
"I tweeted"
"Such a funny tweet"
"He twits all the time!!"
"I'm all twittered out."
"Tweet tweet!!"

News Networks and Desperate Companies (i.e. EVERYONE)
"Follow us on Twitter!"
"Seriously, follow us on Twitter."
"Are you following us on Twitter?"
"Are you getting our Tweets?"
"This just posted on Twitter"
"Follow us on Twitter, we need validation that we have a fanbase. Nevermind network rankings, polls, or numbers of viewers: WE WANT TWITTER FOLLOWERS!!!!!!! TWEET, TWEET, TWEET, TWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (I actually haven't heard this one, but this is the message that is coming across)

Breaking Tweets: World News Twitter Style (Seriously? Could we Puh-LEASE come up with a less fairy sounding name?!?)

Opera:
Opera and twitter: sounds like a joke, right? I'm not lying.

Headlines:
Will one Chicago woman's Tweet cost her $50,000?
Be careful when you Tweet - first Twitter lawsuit hits the courts
Twitter Gets Hacked, Badly.
Let them eat Tweets

I recently heard Twitter described as a group of people sitting in the same room, yelling at eachother. From what I have seen, I think that is a pretty accurate depiction.

I feel like I'm taking too much space on the internet with just my blog and facebook profile. I don't know what could motivate me to micro-blog. Those of you that participate in this activity, feel free to enlighten me on your justification of it.

4 comments:

Jessica Zincke said...

Steve and I just BARELY said to each other how we don't get Twitter. I wish I did. Not because I want to do it, but I just wish I understood the craze, like all the crazy things you mentioned. Totally agree

Britton said...

Jenny, I have never agreed more in my life. And I hope you wrote this from a location outside of 800 Bell St.

Heart, Britton

dallin said...

The only information of the outside world that I am exposed to is your blog. I am forever biased against twitter, so it better be lame, or else i might be a little upset.

Kellee Marie Cook said...

I actually have a twitter. as an advertising major i need to be connected into every bit of media I can be. but as my friend noted, it is the biggest waste of no time. I should explain it to you sometime and it does have some interesting little features and some uses. maybe i'll explain it to you sometime... which means you should come back from texas and hang out with me.