Friday, December 25, 2009

Thanks.

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope your holiday was everything you expected it to be and more.

So, remember how I asked Google for a Google Voice account? Yeah, I got one. Sa-weet! I knew their web-crawlers would find my blog. Thanks for the Christmas gift, Google. My return present to you, complete life dependence on your free products and services. I don’t know what I’m going to do once you stop relying on advertising funds and charging for stuff. I just hope the lawsuits you are facing in Europe don’t change your business plan.

In other news, finals week ended. Wow, it was a rough one. Between having a new computer, having a social life, having a job offer, and hating my major, I didn’t really have the best semester academically, and I paid for it this past week. However, as long as I don’t have to re-take anything, I can forget about it.

I just returned from a fantastic weekend in Colorado. Well, it was mostly fantastic. I got in a bit of a snowboarding accident. I consider myself a decent snowboarder. I can’t do rails or half pipes or anything, but I can hold my own. Anyway, Saturday, I was getting pretty confident, going faster and faster, working on getting my snow legs back. Things were fine until a girl cut right in front of me. I can’t blame it entirely on her, she was technically downhill from me, so she had the ‘right of way,’ but she was cutting straight across my run (we were at a merge) and I just didn’t have time to do anything, so WHA-BAM I hit her, going pretty fast. She was wearing a helmet, and my face slammed against it. We both tumbled to the ground and the first thing she said (well after attacking me for running into her) was, ‘I think you broke your nose.’ She said this because I was bleeding all over the place. This freaked me out because my nose is pretty much the only thing I like on my face (my eyes are squinty ugly and dysfunctional, and my teeth were a real pain to straighten out). So I got worked up for a second, thinking of the consequences of this ski day. Luckily, as I started feeling my nose (which HURT), I couldn’t find any pieces of bone wiggling around; the only thing that I could move was plain old cartilage. Next I had to check my front teeth, they were still intact, so I figured I was fine. She continued to chew me out, threatening, “You are SOOO lucky you didn’t hit me in any of my problem areas. I have such bad back problems!” Honey, if you have back problems, what the heck are you doing on the slopes??

Anyway, I got to sport a fat lip, swollen nose, and black eye for the rest of the day. It was pretty intense. I’ve never hit anyone on the mountain before. Luckily, the Smiths were great at making sure I was alright. It was nice to have five people checking to make sure my face was still functioning.

The real point of this post was to be excited about my Google voice account. So, thanks again guys. And again, to the reader, Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

dallin said...

WHY ARE WOMEN ALLOWED ON THE SLOPES!?!
just kidding...sort of.
I wish I could have been there. it all sounds like it would have been a great show. I hope your ok.