Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Relationship Issues


This came to me in the shower this morning, and I added a few enhancements as I sat through a boring day. Enjoy.

I am really a nice person.
I try hard to be kind.
The problem is this guy I know,
He gets inside my mind.

I need him to get through the day,
Or else I’d throw him out.
He bothers me, this friend of mine,
He makes me scream and shout.

Things will be still, just quiet like,
Then he’ll decide to yell!
I look in shock at his outburst
As he screams on like hell.

I try to gently calm him down
To put him back in line,
But I just end up smacking him.
I’m sure he’ll be just fine.

My beating stops him for a while,
But he’ll return with rage.
We battle on for hours it seems.
He’s bringing on old age.

I don’t have to put up with him,
I could just walk away.
But I am so very comfy here,
It just makes sense to stay.

He’ll calm again and I’ll relax,
I’ll go back to my thoughts.
I should just dump this friend of mine….

…but he’s my alarm clock.

5 comments:

Meghan Smith said...

i wish that picture was you

Jeff said...

OOoooOooOo!!! Jenny, you're the next Shel Silverstein! :)

The McKinleys said...

your goooood! what a clever little poet you are.

The Yellow Dart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dallin said...

nice!