Thursday, February 17, 2011

Celebrations

Isn't sunshine wonderful?  Especially when it is chasing away the snow.  Of course, I know this is only the annual February teaser, so I am trying not to get used to walking around campus without a coat on.  I'll just enjoy it while its here.

On another note, last night my parents (remember, I live at home) invited me to join them in a toast (Martinelli's of course) to celebrate their 38th wedding anniversary.  I was happy to be a part of it.  I'm proud of them, 38 is a lot, and I'm really grateful for their example.

Allow me a few moments to wax sentimental about the Pate family:

38 years
8 kids
13 college degrees (among the entire family, plus 4 in the works)
5 missionaries
4 grandkids
2 vans (one 11 passenger, another 12, they are both gone now)
3 trucks (I think)
1 trampoline
1 dog
10 sets of braces
27 pairs of glasses (that I can remember)
30+ sleeping bags
3 camping trailers
and of course,
1 happy family.

Since I am child #7, I may have missed a few things, but you get the point.

I'm a fan of the whole family concept, I hope you all are as well.

My weekend starts today, I'm flying out to see Kyle (we aren't quite at 38 years, but we're working on it) tonight.  Enjoy your President's day!

2 comments:

Jana said...

come to swimming.

and what about OUR happy family.

mandi winterton said...

1 pig living next door.