Monday, May 16, 2011

Jimmer Angel

I spent 5 years at BYU and all I got was this:


I know the PROOF makes it difficult to see what is going on, but see the Jimmer sitting on my shoulder?  Uh...creepy.  I will admit that during commencement (while they were reminding us donate to BYU throughout our careers) I searched through the program for Jimmer's name, because I thought it would be neat.  I didn't find it, but luckily I have THIS souvenir instead to remind me that I graduated the same year as the basketball star.  Also, my tassle looks like it is blowing in the wind.

But really, graduation was neat.  I expected to feel more, hmmm, accomplished, and I dunno, proud.  But mostly I was just wondering how much longer the ceremony was going to last and when the United States is going to abolish the lame square caps.  I also felt like a nun.

Thank you BYU and my parents for a degree in Mechanical Engineering.  Now I get to answer the question so many have asked me the past few years, "What are you planning to do with that."

As of right now, I don't really know.

5 comments:

Sara... said...

that is ridiculous. and kind of tacky looking.

Brianne said...

Oh my gosh it's like Jimmer is your shoulder angel! Or shoulder devil? Er...weird. But, congratulations! I'm sorry you don't know what to do now...that's why I went for a grad degree! When I finish that, I still don't know where I'll be...haha. If you're still around Provo, I'd love to see you sometime! I'm here through next year, then I plan to leave permanently.

Marianne said...

Ha ha ha! That's hilarious.

However, congratulations on your graduation!!

(You should look up the VeggieTales song, "Pizza Angel," unless you already know it. Then you could sing "Jimmer Angel." If you wanted to...) :-)

Anonymous said...

Seriously? Jimmer on everyone's graduation pictures? That is a whole 'nother level of wierd BYU....

Anyway, congrats Jenny!! You are accomplished ;)

-Cindy

frostyshirts said...

I am laughing out loud on my couch. and now that i know how to add people to my blog, i'm adding a link to yours :)