Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Tuesday

Photo from HERE.
Used without permission.
Work starts tomorrow.  It feels like the first day of school.  I have my outfit all laid out for tomorrow--it took me about an hour to decide.  That might make me a weirdo, but whatever.

It has been a strange day.  I sat in my apartment by myself with no furniture or anything (Kyle comes in later this week, as does all of our stuff) trying to figure out what I was supposed to do with my last day of "freedom."  Turns out, not much.

I washed my car, probably for the first time since I lived in Houston two years ago.  Gross, I know, but I don't drive it that much.

I got all geared up to go to the apartment pool, only to discover a sign that read "The pool will be closed Tuesday June 28 for cleaning."

I ate some carrot sticks.

I read the New York Times.

I watched SYTYCD.  Is everyone in love with Melanie like I am?  She is SUCH A GOOD DANCER.  I like Marko too.

I talked to my mom on the telephone.

I switched on the breakers so I had power in my apartment.  (After a very long night without power.  I am SO dumb.  If you are ever ready to blame your power company for not turning on your power, check the boxy thing).

I inflated the blow up bed my awesome friends (and neighbors) lent me (once I had power).  It is much more comfortable than the floor.

I emptied my suitcases.

I ate a lot more carrot sticks.

I read a chapter of David Copperfield.  It's free on the kindle app, and I definitely recommend it.  It's a lengthy one, but I have really been enjoying it.

And I tried on 7 outfits for work.

Then I blogged.

I get discouraged when I use 'I' too much in my blogs (which is all the time) because it makes me feel like I am a) not writing creatively enough, and b) too focused on myself.  This post has WAAAAAAY too many.  So this blogger will just end with a quote from David Copperfield:

"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery."

It was true then, and it's true now.  Perfect for a girl about to enter the working world.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Sara... said...

melanie and marko are my very favorites!!! p.s. it sucks that you live like a thousand miles away. kyle called me and natalie the other day. you married a keeper. wow. pretty random, whatever. come back please!

Marianne said...

Well? How did it go? Has Kyle arrived yet? Now you can unpack and get settled and learn to love your new apartment and neighbors and new ward!!

Hope you love your new job!! I will miss seeing you around...