Sunday, February 12, 2012

February 12

Here we are--two months into my twelve month challenge.  Things have been going really well in some areas and not so well in others.  (For those of you just tuning in: I have 25 goals to meet before my 25th birthday on 12-12-12).

A few of the highlights:

No Soda (#12):  My place of employment provides snacks and drinks at basically every meeting.  Hardly a day goes by without a bucket of ice and 20 sodas sitting in the conference room by my office.  On a long afternoon, it is very difficult to say no to an ice-cold drink.  So I have chose to swear it off.  Kyle has been very helpful in making sure I don't break under pressure (i.e. company christmas party when you need to be drinking SOMETHING...I went for cranberry juice after almost choosing my standard ginger ale.)


Pinterest Projects (#19):  I pin a lot of things, but I am not great at trying too many of them.  This year I wanted to change that.  Pinterest (and design sponge) gave me courage to try reupholstery




If you can't tell--this is a wingback recliner that used to be covered in green fabric and I am replacing it with the gray pattern. As many of you have figured out I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS PROJECT.  You are probably sick of the pictures (as they are on instagram, facebook, and in several text messages)  But seriously, it is so much fun.  And frustrating.  But rewarding.  Since college I've been wishing I could get into upholstery and it is finally happening!


2 New Passport Stamps (#1):  This hasn't happened yet, but Kyle and I have been planning and I'm pretty sure I know which ones we are going to get this year.  We'll be booking flights soon.

And to be fair, I must talk about the things that aren't going so well:

New Recipes (#8):  You guys.  I am just SO terrible at making dinner.  I've been trying to do the crock pot thing more, but most of the time it's just plain old spagetti (like today).  The goal is to try 25 new recipes, if you count the freezer jam I mentioned last time, I am at 1 of 25.


Submitting Essays (#4):  I set a goal to send essays to 12 different journals.  It's not even that I have to send out 12 different essays.  I just need to send them to 12 different journals.  I haven't sent one yet.  I need to make this a higher priority.

I hope all of you are feeling good about any goals you have made for 2012.  I am very grateful that I can choose to be better and happier.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

First, I miss you.

Second, I turned 25 on 09/09/09!!! We are like some sort of non-twins!

Third, freezer jam totally counts. You are hilarious.